Wednesday, October 27, 2010

9/02/10 Iris: Climatologist of Emotions

It was raining again and I was pushing the departure time of my motorcycle ride out until the skies cleared.  Iris and I got to talking about the overwhelming dampness in the air and of emotions.  When I told her about what I had observed the day before as I walked the side streets, she said it was completely normal.  Televisions were always on and many families did not really talk.  The display of emotions among family members was rare…cold was normal.  So what I had noticed was not some twisted interpretation of a foreigner, it was a slice of life… a depressing slice of life.

I would continue to photograph human suffering.  I just wish that the dampness would take a break and let some light in.  It would be good for the photographs and even better for the subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment