Friday, October 8, 2010

8/29/10 Complicated Ingredients

We rolled into the Hualien train station tired, sweaty and hungry.  A short stop at the house to drop our bags off and we headed out to get some dinner.  Exhaustion has a funny way of fucking up the amount of your vocabulary that is available.  Detailed descriptions devolve into one word grunts.  I knew Space was tired when he tried to describe his favourite chicken dish at the restaurant.  An intelligent and articulate person, Space’s command of the language ranks right up there amongst the smartest of the smart people I know.  But when it came to describing this particular menu item all he could say was “They’ve got this amazing chicken dish here.  It’s got salt and pepper…and…well…it’s got salt and pepper but it’s really good”.

Exhaustion; it had reduced my formerly intelligent friend into a blathering idiot.  But to his credit, I had the chicken and it was some of the best fucking salt and pepper I had ever had…EVER!

Space - unimpressed with his impaired descriptive powers

Iris and I find it amusing

No comments:

Post a Comment