Tuesday, October 5, 2010

8/29/10 Early Morning Wandering

My sleep must have been especially deep; I woke up at 6:30 completely refreshed.  Rather than wait for Space and Iris to wake, I decided to roam the streets on my own for a bit.  Camera in hand, I headed out wearing my Shilin Market outfit once more.  It had rained overnight and the streets were still wet.  The roar of vehicles was absent, the roads were empty.  It was as if the rain had washed all excitement away.  In the middle of one of the busiest intersections of the city I was completely alone; it was surreal.


Barren wet streets - I shoot people!

My first task was to grab a coffee.  Luckily for me, I have first rate pointing skills and without delay I was in possession of a coffee that tasted worse than the swill Tim Horton’s peddles… if that’s even possible.  But it was still caffeine and that was the sole requirement for the sludge.

The barren streets didn’t offer much to see, but I did observe many men in various states of sleep/rest.  Strangely, the scourge of public sleep only seems to affect men.


Look closely for the hidden sleeping man.

The guy smoking was practically sleeping too.


No comments:

Post a Comment