Monday, October 4, 2010

8/28/10 In-Car Entertainment

The dashboard of our cab was an ADHD sufferers delight.  Blinking lights everywhere and the meter counting off distance, time and total fare.  However, for those who need a little more, and for those not content to look out the window and take in the general chaos, nothing beats having a TV in the centre of the dashboard.  A 10” screen playing a concert DVD of Britney Spears.  Two possibilities emerged: either the driver had never seen the concert, or he had seen the route back to our hotel so many times that he was bored with the task of driving and needed to bump up the level of difficulty.  Either way, his eyes were glued to Britney the whole time.  Her trailer park ass shaking to “Toxic” was pure delight for the driver, but this TV in the car business was proving to be toxic to my health.  Miraculously, we made it to the hotel in one piece.

It was 2:30 am and I had beaten the evil forces of jet lag once again.  The moment I hit the bed and closed my eyes the darkness consumed me.  I was completely spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment