Friday, October 22, 2010

9/01/10 Walking Induced Hunger Pains

I had been walking for about two hours exploring new parts of the city and venturing down side streets with no destination in mind.  The hunger pains started and eventually I couldn’t ignore them anymore; I’ll use any available excuse to justify eating, I blame it on the fat guy that lurks deep within.  I stopped at one of the buffet places that dot the city to sample a small portion of a couple of things.  Here’s the rundown:


Pork Belly – Really fatty and really delicious, but would have been much better with crispy skin.

Chinese Sausage – Same as last time.  Still sweet, still needs salt.  It will take a couple of centuries of development for this to dethrone anything from Europe.

Sliced Pig Heart – I was going to eat it without sauce, but the cashier’s automatic reaction was to put it on.  I guess they go together.  Nothing special here, Remove the image of a heart from your mind and it’s just another piece of meat.

Oh, and I finally remembered to get the napkins before I sat down.

No comments:

Post a Comment