Sunday, October 24, 2010

9/01/10 Clearing my Head

This trip was intended to spend some time with a good friend in a different part of the world, but also to just get away and clear my head.  Leave behind the demons that make my mind race.  I’m about as liberal as they come, but the stark cultural differences would also cause me to be more open and accepting of those around me; allow me to let things go and immerse myself in the experience, whatever it was.  Equally important was the opportunity to say “I don’t give a shit” and actually mean it.  The “Philosophy of Yes” was helping, but it can only go so far.  As much as solitude can give you the chance to think without distraction, if you tend to dwell on the negative and revel in regret, solitude can be your worst enemy.

Clearing one’s head may be an unattainable goal, but as with other things in life it’s all about the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment