Thursday, November 25, 2010

9/10/10 Milo attacks

Space's dogs, Milo and Ginger, had gotten used to the fact that I’m an early riser.  My door opening in the morning usually signals that a walk is mere moments away.  All of our walks so far had been without incident and all was going well this morning too.  Milo had finished his rounds of the area and had returned to the house on his own, patiently waiting on the steps to be let into the house.  Ginger is a little more leisurely about things so I went to get her.  Just then, Milo took off like a shot; the sound/smell of his arch nemesis a few doors down caused him to spring to action…he was out for blood.  The other dog was scooped to safety by its owner but Milo would have none of it and jumped up to get his enemy, scratching the other man in the process.  I ran over as fast as I could and grabbed Milo by the scruff of the neck.  But it was too late; the damage had been done.

I returned shortly afterwards to offer apologies, but who knows how effective I was with the language barrier.  The man showed me the scratch and insisted that he was “OK”.  Milo’s leash-free walking days with me are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment