Tuesday, November 2, 2010

9/03/10 White Giants

This particular night market had a small arcade, and in it was the boxing game.  The translated description read: “The Boxing Champion contends for hegemony”.  With Space as my worthy opponent, I said let the hegemony begin.


A crowd gathered as we prepared for battle and dropped our coins in the machine.  In true Taiwanese fashion they were watching us but not watching us at the same time.  The white giants were ready to rumble.


For a smaller guy Space packed a mean punch.  My guess is that similar to stickers on cars adding extra horsepower, Space’s chest hair added about 30% more strength that a comparable guy of his size.  He punched the crap out of that speed bad and posted an impressive score of 851.  The crowd “ooohhed” and “aahhhed”…silently.  I opted to go gloveless for more efficient momentum transfer.  Unfortunately, I had trimmed my chest hair and could not break into the 800s.  A piss poor performance; I knew I could do better.

Taiwanese bewilderment... it lurks in the background.



Iris gives my scores the finger inside the glove.



We took a little break and returned for Round II.  Rocket Queen must have been playing in Space’s head because he had clearly blown his wad in Round I.  His Round II performance was decidedly lackluster and he failed to break into the 700s.  The crowd was thicker and my chest hair must have grown ever so slightly during our break; a combination that allowed me to post 3 successive scores in the 800s finishing off with an 893 taking the round and high score from my formidable adversary.

The silence from the crowd was deafening.




No comments:

Post a Comment