Friday, November 5, 2010

9/04/10 The Grocery Store… bring your can opener

We stopped at the grocery store to see if I could find some interesting things to bring home.  I had stopped in at a smaller one during the week, but with my rudimentary knowledge of the language (read: fuck all) I had some slight difficulties.  Resident shopaholic Iris salivated at the opportunity.

The rundown:

Beef Jerky - The stuff is everywhere in Taiwan, so I assumed that it was some type of specialty.  But possibly better than the actual product was the packaging which read “The super hot beef jerky is extra spicy”

Pork Jerky – “The spicy pork jerky is soft and kimchi flavour”, meat flavoured liked fermented cabbage, a novel idea.

Soy Sauce Watermelon Seeds – A typical Taiwanese snack

Soup Mix – “Tonic with 10 crude drugs”, I love this one! However, as I would later learn at US customs, the mere mention of “drugs” can create suspicion.

Coconut Butter – This is going to be killer with nutella.  I’ll be selling sandwiches when I get back, $10 each.

Preserved Olives – They look like speckled eggs and are just as hard.  “This product is made of fruit that is grown in mother nature… tasty, appetizing and help for digestion.

Here's why you need a can opener at the grocery store.
How else would you get in your car when a loser in a CRV parks this close?

No comments:

Post a Comment