Friday, November 12, 2010

9/06/10 Freestylin’

I don’t know what the hell got into me, but it probably had something to do with the cognac; it has taken scotch’s place as my amber spirit of choice in recent years, slotting right below grappa on the overall list.  But I can’t blame it all on cognac; it could have just as easily been the bottle of “Crazy Bob” wine that Space bought because he liked the name (Humour on wine bottles is somewhat of a rarity in Taiwan.  Wine is a serious beverage for serious people – no jokes allowed!)  Or maybe it was the “W” beer who’s can insisted that it was “good value and quality” and further that it was “brewed for good times”.  Or maybe it was the combination of all three, but whatever it was, I had become a beatboxin’ and freestylin’ animal while we walked the dogs.



Much like the T-Shirt I had bought earlier in the day that read “Follow me and we’ll start a parade” (not for me, but I knew someone back home that could pull it off; hell, she starts a parade without the stupid shirt), I started singing which got Iris dancing, which got me singing and dancing and Iris dancing more and Ginger humping Iris’ leg (she does that) and Space laughing his head off because he doesn’t sing or dance (after effects from growing up in Oakville).  Fuck me! It was a parade; the first parade that I had ever liked in my whole life!

Space’s neighbours must have been less than thrilled about our performance, and I’m sure there was some talk about the crazy westerners and their infantile singing and dancing in the streets.  Space lamented that we didn’t have a camera to record the awesomeness of the whole thing (a veritable sack of it).  Iris and I vowed to attempt to recreate the magic, but spontaneity is difficult to duplicate.

When I say “cah” you say “nyac”

Cah-nyak!

No comments:

Post a Comment