Monday, November 29, 2010

9/10/10 Choosing your own name: sometimes it works

We left the All Star and made our way to the more pleasant atmosphere of Surfer Ken’s Lounge.  There, Iris introduced me to a group of friends, one of whom was named Wednesday.  She explained that she got the name from the Addams Family, but I didn’t need the clarification.  She was tall, very pale and had long black hair.  An Asian Wednesday?  It could work.  The additional trouble was that she was suffering from an acute lack of enthusiasm for life.  She had the personality of Lurch, declaring that everything that everyone was doing, whether it was dancing, playing darts or taking pictures with roses in their mouths was stupid.  I don’t know the translation for the “Philosophy of Yes”, but I wasn’t about to waste my precious trying to explain it to this buzz kill.

Fun and stupidity: not "Wednesday approved" activities

I was reminded of a party at my friend Roshanthi’s house a while back where after an exhausting conversation with one guy I finally decided that I could take no more.  “I’m dumber for having engaged you in conversation” I said as I got up from my chair and walked to the other side of the room.  Name hilarity aside, Wednesday had been a similar waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment