Thursday, September 23, 2010

8/27/10 Dinner and the birth of the Philosophy

Kenny, our hotel concierge, recommended a Thai restaurant close by for dinner.  These couple of days in Taipei were just as much of a vacation for Space and Iris as they were for me, so it was their opportunity to eat food not normally available in Hualien, their hometown.

Kenny’s suggestion was in the gay village close to the hotel and was simply called “Thai Food”.  It was located right beside “Bear Bar”, but apart from teddy bears at a table out front, I didn’t see bears of any kind there.  Understandably, with the lack of body hair amongst Asians, it must be fairly difficult to find a big hairy gay man in Taiwan, so naming the place “Bear Bar” may have been an attempt to give them somewhere to congregate.



While eating dinner Space and I were approached by a couple who asked if we would be street models for sunglasses.  I was apprehensive at first, but Space provided encouragement and made the first hint of the Philosophy of Yes.  I changed my tune quickly and we were soon giving our best douchebag poses for the couple.  This was a bigger step for me than you might think since they were a style of sunglasses that I despise… Oakley blades, the choice of aggressive cops the world over.  Prepare to have your rights trampled.


Mutant cop impersonation

License and registration please


No comments:

Post a Comment