Wednesday, September 22, 2010

8/27/10 All Roads Lead to 7-Eleven




Space had spoken many times over the years about the prevalence of 7-Eleven in Taiwan and as soon as I arrived at the Taiwan Main train station it was easy to understand what he meant.  In a building no bigger than Toronto’s Union Station there are four, I repeat, four 7-Elevens, one in each corner of the building.  Elsewhere in the city it is not uncommon to see a 7-Eleven while standing outside another one.  It’s crazy!
My first Taiwanese “What the Fuck” moment (Space told me there would be many WTFs during my stay) came when I saw 7-Elevens flanking the each side of the same street.  It was explained to me that this was completely logical though since having to cross the street would be “inconvenient”.




Vents outside Taipei Main Station


1 comment:

  1. You aren't even taking into consideration the amount of Family Marts. Taiwan = The Nation of Convenient Stores.

    ReplyDelete