Thursday, December 16, 2010

9/14/10 Farewells

Space gathered the group for one final round of drinks at Surfer Ken’s Lounge.  Many of the people I had met over the past few weeks were there: Rob, Nicki, Chad, Passion, Harmony, JF, Brad and Bello to name a few.  When asked what the best thing about my trip was there seemed to be only one appropriate response… “All of it!”  People who had been there upwards of 3 years hadn't been to all the places that I’d been to, or experienced what I’d experienced.  Free from work obligations, life didn’t get in the way of my travels.  Such is the beauty of a vacation; it can be a complete escape from the everyday.  Some people choose to go to a resort; others choose to go on an adventure.  As they say, different strokes for different folks, but I think my resort days are probably behind me.

My departure wouldn’t be complete without one final ritual of the nightly dog walk.  Space loves it and so do I.  It’s like the Englishman’s evening constitutional, without the pomposity.  This one felt special: the dogs were calm; we found a pen full of puppies; and there was car dancing for the second night in a row.  Oh, and I wore a stupid hat and didn’t care.  Al that was missing was a KTV machine.

Puppies always make Johnny smile

Space and I try out the puppy "lean back" stance



The puppy is scared stiff by the hat

No comments:

Post a Comment